Verizon and Higi Extend Community Healthcare Access & Services
What You Should Know:
– Wireless and communications leader Verizon and Higi – a consumer health engagement company announced their collaboration to provide digital health solutions and services that will extend care access for communities and help support preventative health, drive literacy, and identify high risk consumers eligible to be managed via home-based monitoring.
The partnership will prioritize solution delivery in service of community healthcare stakeholders seeking to scale digital and virtual care delivery offerings.
– Through Higi’s home monitoring services and the Higi Smart Health Station, now integrated with the HIPAA-ready BlueJeans Telehealth virtual care platform, historically underserved populations, such as those living in rural communities and seniors with limited access to transportation, can have greater access to care, powered by the Verizon network.
Higi/Verizon Joint Service Offerings
By bundling these core services, Verizon and Higi will help to improve the digital and virtual care experience through home-based virtual care delivery and health equity service delivery. The combined solutions would also help to augment near-site, on-site and retail clinic after-hours or supplement in locations that do not have the volume to support a health clinic. Planned joint service offerings include:
– A reimagined virtual care clinic that pairs the Higi Smart Health Station blueprint with BlueJeans Telehealth for a digitally delivered primary care experience available within a trusted community setting. Services include self-guided body measurement and health survey collection, as well as the ability to interface virtually with a provider
– Comprehensive chronic condition management from home, backed by the Verizon network for reliable connectivity, provides patients with a dedicated care manager and health devices to monitor health progress
– Health Equity Services for underserved and vulnerable populations, including comprehensive remote monitoring for chronic conditions and digital engagement services to help determine eligibility and support enrollment for government and community benefits.